PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Miserable Bastards
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 03:24
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Miserable Bastards

As you may know, Airservices has adopted a long-term (5 year) hybrid approach to service pricing, which includes location specific pricing with regional caps, and network recovery of non-location specific costs, and gives GA and the regionals at least half a chance. Among other things, Airservices has decided not to levy invoices on GA until $500 is reached in one year, due the lack of economy in doing so.
The submission by the Qantas Group includes the following:

"On the information available it is not possible to assess whether airlines are subsidising low frequency GA. If this is the case, such cross subsidies are not desirable or reasonable. The populous that own and operate GA aircraft are generally wealthy individuals and it is inappropriate that the general flying public subsidise this segment of the aviation community. Whilst it is clear that a significant number of customers generate an inordinate number of invoices it needs to be shown that the costs to provide services to GA are being recovered by that segment of the industry by charges more reflective of the costs to provide services to them."
It stands in stark contrast to the corresponding response by Virgin Australia (VAA) to the same question:

VAA is generally happy with the appropriateness of the proposed charges for general aviation as long as the charge does not cost more to collect than the charge itself."
You pack of miserable bastards. Maybe GA should form a company to force Qantas to pay for every pilot they recruit from GA seeing as GA is subsidising their airline operation.

I hate the thought of harming all of the good peoples employment at Qantas, but fark me Qantas, you are not making it hard for me to make a choice as to who I purchase my next ticket with.

You are nothing but a pack of un-charitable, miserable you know whats.