PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2011, 19:29
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A33Zab, thanks for the BUSS reminder.
In 2007, it appears that the BUSS was not limited in its operation above FL250 as it is now the case. Would you know when that change took place ?

Originally Posted by NOD
When would you like the stall warning to go off? Even at airspeeds below which the vane can work?? These vanes are substantial pieces of metal that can withstand the best part of 500K/1.0M. They are not little feathers that will read reliably at 20K IAS
OK - even when the spec/manufacturer of the vane says the IAS is way below the validity of the vane's spec?
What are the vane's spec ?
Would you like to ref a manufacturer documentation … ?
Because to me, by merely direct observation of those vanes, they are pieces of metal which behave like feather …

Originally Posted by R1
GY earlier posted that stall warning was triggered depending on, amongst other things, F/CTL law. Is it the case that stall warning is NOT inhibited below 60kts IF you're flying anything other than normal law?
I like the question, and it reminds me the axiom #1 : Nothing is simple in the Airbus World.
But to answer the question, I would say no : Stall warning has been inhibited below 60kt and airplane was most likely in Alternate or Abnormal Law.