PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you want to work in China..!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2011, 16:53
Droste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captain.weird
I see, but if the flight training in China is so f*cked up.. why are those schools asking $80,000 for the flight training?
If flight training in China is good, then why the major Chinese airlines are continuing sending their cadets overseas?

Believe me or not, the flight training schools in China are freaking slow! Inefficient at all.

Now, for the $80,000? It is a peanut to many Mainlander Chinese nowadays. They can easily come out with this sum of money.

You will be surprised, Mainlander Chinese students are flooding the expensive ivy league universities in United Kingdom and United States!

For your further info, There are schools (airlines affliated) in Australia and U.K. charging more than $80K.

Originally Posted by captain.weird
And do foreigners have a chance to roll-in to major airlines as F/O's?
Major airlines, I am afraid not for low timer guys. For example, Shenzhen Airline has been recruiting pilots from South America. They flew there to do recruitment.

Unfortunately, small airlines are not properly set-up, they have no idea how to do recruitment, how to convert licence, how to advertise, how to process work visa & etc.