PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is Mr Guppy these days?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2011, 08:17
youngskywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have also met a few posters from these boards and regularly keep in contact with them in my day to day life. A regular topic of conversation and amusement was had discussing Guppy and that other very well known and prolific walter mitty on this private forum with a penchant for gross exageration and fantasies. Anybody with any sense can see right through them. I suspect Guppy probably was an experienced Pilot with a lot of useful knowledge to offer, but his incredibly aggressive style made it impossible to respect him. 411A was completely different, he rarely if ever attacked people on a personal level, also his credentials have been confirmed as correct, he was the 'real deal.' Guppy also made his feelings about Britain and the Brits very well known, it appeared he had some serious issues regarding our lack of enthusiasm for blowing people away with handguns and hollow point bullets. Big knives were also another little perversion of his.

On balance I really cannot see a place in a modern day airline cockpit for a man with such a huge ego, pent up aggression, love for weapons and a completely dogmatic and dominearing personality.