PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hungry Beast
Thread: Hungry Beast
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2011, 05:26
FlareArmed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm quite certain those things happened; it was pretty much first-hand information from those in the thick of it at the time. The blokes I knew there have left, but not before the make-over that turned it into a good mob to work for – the key was getting rid of a certain senior manager (sound familiar?)

From what I've seen, almost all the Jetconnect pilots are laying pretty low over the court action; it could go either way, and the consequences are unknown. They know the situation they are in, but they didn't bring it on themselves – they were recruited into a domestic operation; it was bigger forces that took them 100% Trans-Tasman. My point in backing up the ranter with a bit of inside knowledge from the past, is to add another piece to the puzzle so you guys in the thick of battle can make more reasoned judgements and point the guns in the right direction.

My closest friends are in Qantas, both short-haul and long-haul (that's why I follow the issues so closely); I am as aghast as anyone of the direction things are going, but there's no point making irrational allegations based on misinformation or half the information. I know (although I can't prove it to you in the way you seem to need) the ranter is not telling fibs.