PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas : Some astute Commentary
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:44
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
....And this just to hand, while hearsay, if true, confirms my previous opinion, Two posts back, that the QF Board and Management strategy is backward looking, set in concrete, and totally wrong:

Yesterday I was contacted by a Qantas pilot. He gave me details of a friend who had been engaged by the airline as a consultant to do some work around the outsourcing of Qantas aircraft components. After looking at all the figures and reviewing the benefits/negatives of outsourcing the work, he advised them that the best option was to keep the work in-house. His consultancy with Qantas was thereby terminated because it was not the answer they were seeking. He claimed to be the third consultant to come to that conclusion, they were all terminated. From this example it has confirmed with us the problem we face negotiating an outcome with another party that appears not, or does not want to listen. However tight we can construct maintenance proposals that offer the best and most viable solution to the Qantas business, they want to take it to another place regardless of the evidence before them.

Post 1092:

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting...-begin-55.html