PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To those of us who are not flying..how are you dealing with it?
Old 7th Jun 2011, 19:56
Kyriakos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completed my f.ATPL Oct 2009. Im still with my 250s since hour- building in Europe is ridiculously expensive. Whatever i saved last year was spent on renewals and this is what i ll probably do in a few months. Prior to my flight training i had already obtained my engineering degree so now im using it professionally until my dream job opportunity shows up.

All this time i ve been filling out those endless applications (as if im applying to the CIA or something ) and spending hours and hours on all those sites trying to spot a tiny little SE job in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, i ve given up that shinny 320-737 thing, thats for the rich kids, or for the "lucky" ones with a captain dad. Fact is i started getting tired of all this. I never thought i would feel that way but here i am. Of course i will never give up till i get my RHS...on anything, anywhere. Late 20s clock is ticking for me as well and i really hope the turnover is close.

Looking at the glass as half-full, and assuming we all get a job at our mid thirties ....30 years of flying sounds a lot, so do not give up and leave depression at the terminal. The sky is UP! Good luck to everyone, it will come eventually...its a matter of time!