PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arabs and Muslims to be fingerprinted?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2002, 09:41
Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just returned from a short holiday in Miami, using staff concessions. I am a darked hair guy in my late 30`s, who gets an excellent tan by just seeing some decent sun, plus taking a few holidays this year (part time working) the skin gets that golden tan look. Now I am British with no Arab or Asian blood.
At MIA security I go though the arch and bag though X-ray. I do not set any alarms off, however, I`m pulled over and asked to remove shoes etc...I do gladly. The security agent spoke very little English. Guess what...I`m clear. Whilst sitting there I watched security pulling over the dark haired male paxs, while our blond or coupled/family paxs pass though.
In MIA the bag does not get tagged to say its been checked so as I board the aircraft, again I am pulled for another check. Again anyone blond etc is not stopped. As they dive in to my hand baggage they find my Airline ID, which is put on the table and the security agent only lightly checks the odd pocket, and I`m quickly body checked.
I have no problems in being checked but there seems to be a farse here and I got checked twice some other paxs didn`t get checked once. If the bag had been tagged saying it had been checked then by the aircraft side they could check someone else.
But guess what....Terriorist come in all different shapes and sizes and colour.