PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hungry Beast
Thread: Hungry Beast
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 17:07
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standard,

Whilst I think that many would recognise that QF pilots are disappointed that the company has moved many jobs off shore, it would be prudent to consider the implications of your post above. Your employer has set up another company in New Zealand and offered pilots employment outside of your system. For you to then assert that these Jetconnect pilots are somehow Qantas 'wannabees' defies comprehension.

Jetconnect pilots have been instructed by their employer to wear a uniform indentical to yours and fly an aircraft painted in QF colours. This is a sham perpetuated by the company and not the staff. To assert that they have "stolen" Qantas jobs is not only divisive but is plain wrong. Jetconnect has lawfully offered employment to these poeple under local terms and, like it or not, they every moral and legal right to their jobs. They have an equal right to persue a career in their choosen profession just as you do.

Your attitude will only serve to alienate the pilots at Jetconnect. The implications of your post are that you see Jetconnect pilots as an enemy who has usurped your God-given position as some sort of Lord Of The Sky. I summise that your intention would be to have them removed from the industry so that you can have some progression. Do you think that they will support you after this? I for one am re-assessing my support for the QF pilots, if this is their prevaling attitude