PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Update
Thread: EASA Update
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 16:58
proudprivate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Democracy Issues

The real fight is getting yourself at the top of your party's list, which is done by some private process internal to the party
That is the same for a lot of national elections in many member states. However, if specific MEPs in a constuency region get lousy scores, a well organised political party will quickly put two and two together and turn that into a Sayonara post for that "Right Honourable" party comrade.

Some more interesting European issues I dug up for both MEPs and Honourable PPruNe members to consider (for those looking for inspiration when writing their 3rd letter or 4th letter to an MEP):

1) There appears to be an operational programme for regional development in the EU. The second priority axis of this programme is "Regional and Local Accessability". This is not unlike the US programmes of keeping specific Municipal Airports open, provided they truly contribute to regional accessibility. So supporting local airports, with the aim of promoting tourism, for instance, fits perfectly in the European Fund allocation process. Obviously, killing off private travel by airplane affects local accessability in a negative way...

2) There is something like a European Policy on Transparency : The Commission (admittedly not the Transport Directorate and its four letter Agency) is actively pushing Member States for citizens' participation in the decision making process. Key elements recurring in the various policy statements are
* Accountability
* Transparency

I must say I smiled when I read that, thinking about the surroundings of the two EASA committee meetings at the end of last year, with nearly inexistent minutes and keeping the horse trading participant members' names a closely guarded secret.

But it's good ammo in your letters to MEPs, because it is again proof of the fact that the secret agenda of Eh-Arse-Ah and a couple of Commission & local CAA axe grinders are pursuing flies in the face of what even their colleagues in the European Civil Service are aiming for.

Happy landings and inspirational letter writing,

PP.

Last edited by proudprivate; 7th Jun 2011 at 17:00. Reason: typo corrected