PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 12:48
Lonewolf_50

Received 415 Likes on 258 Posts
gums:
So our jet would continue to slowly pull up if you let go and it had been trimmed for one gee. As with our little jet, the Airbus is not an attitude command system.
Doesn't that add another feedback/scan loop to any attitude change on instruments? Instead of setting a pitch attitude, you make a 'g' input and correct to desired attitude? Maybe I am overthinking this, and in practice it boils down to the same thing - set pitch by looking at the attitude indicator, then trim it in (Viper Coolie Hat) or AB auto trim?
So what gee does the Airbus try to reach when I let go of the stick and the THS is at 10 degrees or 2 degrees or....?
The jet is a gee command as the basic Viper is, and has different gains and rates and such, but it is not an AoA -gee system like we had.
Ours gave you 9 gees at 15 degrees AoA, then the gee went down until 25 degrees AoA and it was one gee.
Our manuals showed this and we demonstrated it first hop with student studly.
So what does the THS do if I have a constant back stick that moves the elevator beyond "neutral"?
Another post implies that the THS does not move unless the elevator is something other than the "neutral" position.
Surely someone here can show how the thing works.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 7th Jun 2011 at 13:46.