PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 11:59
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

My question for those in the know : Does the ABNORMAL ATTITUDE LAW activation also trigger a message indicating to the crew that the auto-trim is unavailable ?
I know the DIRECT LAW does that ("USE MAN PITCH TRIM" on the PFD), but what about the ABNORMAL ATTITUDE LAW ?

Thanks.
Not an aswer to your question but in the BEA note:

At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said "I don’t have any more indications", and the PNF said "we have no valid indications". At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%. Around fifteen seconds later, the PF made pitch-down inputs.
In the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning sounded again.
At 2 h 13 min 32, the PF said "we’re going to arrive at level one hundred". About fifteen seconds later, simultaneous inputs by both pilots on the sidesticks were recorded and the PF said "go ahead you have the controls".
The angle of attack, when it was valid, always remained above 35 degrees.
The recordings stopped at 2 h 14 min 28. The last recorded values were a vertical speed of -10,912 ft/min, a ground speed of 107 kt, pitch attitude of 16.2 degrees nose-up, roll angle of 5.3 degrees left and a magnetic heading of 270 degrees.
Around fifteen seconds later "at + - 2 h 12 min 17" , the PF made pitch-down inputs.
For how many time ?
And
the speeds became valid again
the angle of attack decreased (but still over 35°)
So .. abnormal law or not ?
simultaneous inputs by both pilots on the sidesticks
Up or down inputs ?
As already commented before this BEA note don't give real clues about what are the pilots actions and what they tell ... it's just a riddle
Not big difference between this note or any press article in a newspaper like "Le Figaro"