PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A bit of a weird one?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 09:54
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff from the Genghis the engineer above.

MU-2 pilot (sensitive but fast old turboprop... accident rate a bit high... A special machine):
And I completely disagree with this statement:
"the most expensive way to get an unstable unintellectual and everyday less interesting/challenging position."
It's perfectly fine to desagree!
I would even say that I 17, this is a healthy behaviour. Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything about how you will feel like 10, 20, 30 years from now.

Look I know what I want, its all Ive ever dreamed of doing, ever.
I didn't say don't do it, I said it's not good enough. The "I am a teenager and I want to be a pilot since I am a kid" have been heard million times, even from many future "losers". It will take much more than this teenager statement to reach what you want. I don't mean to be rude, I just state the obvious.
Get out of the teenager dream, and when you are back to reality listen to Zondaracer, he told you to start your career in the US., that's important information. If he says so he has good reasons that I share--its' not a matter of how many job will be available in the next 10 years in US or Europe, it's a matter of who has a progressive start process that gives more chance to a wannabe to take off without sinking under its own debts---.
If you don't know those reasons ask him on this thread, it's better investment in your real future than telling me again becoming pilot is your dream. Read the post of Genghis aswell.