PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas baggage changes - Mk II
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 01:30
witwiw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And why was that previous thread closed? The response I received when I queried it:

Subject: Re: PPRuNe Forums Contact Us Form - locked thread query?

To: witwiw @ PPRuNe Forums

Ask the mods,

Personally, I thinks it's asinine bollocks from the self righteous and self interested bitching about a minor symptom of the disease when there are far more important items to be discussed on a professional pilots forum regarding your national airline.

Regards
Rob
PPRuNe Admin

Now, when I go to the doctor I want him to consider all the symptoms I present with. Then he is more able to make a proper diagnosis rather than one based on limted information.

I don't see a difference here, the baggage issue is one of many symptoms afflicting QF at the moment - part of their overall disease - and warrants airing. As UTR correctly asserts, it's about a company interacting and responding to their customers and here we have a valid example where they are not doing that - but it's considered "asinine bollocks" to refer to one of the symptoms of their disease in the overall context.

It hardly warranted a thread closure but Wmk2 has hit the nail on the head.

Oh, and Rob, for the record I am interested in the future of QF, hence my concern about their slipping standards and the effect it has on their customers. I continue to support them for the present - but as matters worsen that will in all probability change.

Now, back to the thread .....................