PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:38
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pj2

very nice post and you,re right ! on an anonymous forum its hard and sometimes dangerous to follow expreriences from self named experts.i can remember an another discussion and dangerous hints from a now banned member...

well,i am not an airbus pilot, but discussing terms like moving/non moving throttle levers for real life is silly. it is a non event for anybody who is REALLY rated on this plane (and not a computer game) . people need to understand that this planes fly everyday and all we need is the understanding that you "notch"the levers for a certain part of flight and let the computer help you. every truly real pilot will understand that in times where you deal with several other things like ATC, delay problems , unexpected route changes especially at a complicated departure, the computer will help you, not harm you, but the plane still will be limited to physical rules. the same applies to the migty TOGA. i wrote like you also several pages before that toga in fl 350 will not give you such a burst that its in regards to trim its an event.

well. the critical question for all this discussion, on an open forum like it seems not very sufficient discussion, is what happened and what can we learn?

it seems strange for me that he pilot climbed out and stalled ( in alt law) until impact. even when airbus is blamed for an failure on IAS indication... keeping power and pitch could help. maybe it was like many incidents: a massive pilot error who wasin panic. this happens, and every time it happens it is sad.

best regards to all !