PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Aviation Regulations.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 21:49
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It came straight from CASA, it was NOT a syllabus worked out by SAAA to provide something useful for amateur builders.
Leadsled. This is the second time I have had to correct this false statement. It came from up here in Qld, not CASA, however it popped out of there after being approved.

As I have already said, we have done without it since 1998, without obvious safety impact. Where is the cost/benefit of this imposition??

If it addressed the known problems that have occurred, there might be some point, but that is the one thing it does not do.
The MPC course does have a point and its a proactive rather than reactive course. The amazing thing is, and I have seen it first hand, that even some LAME's are stunned at stuff in the course, because they never knew 'that' or 'this' nor where to find it to learn more. As for many experimental builders there has been a great number who have learned a vast ammount on what maintenance is actually required, how it should be carried out and why, and many have discovered AC43 for the first time.

If that is not proactive in preventing some incidents in the future I do not know what is. If you think otherwise it would suggest you are advising QF on their maintenance of late.

Just to get a few facts on the table....now back to normal viewing.