PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 16:00
Ask21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-plane stall recovery

My problem was after the stall the ACFT reached a stable position with 20-30 degrees AoA what i not could not terminate. After many crashes I decided to fly the stall what mean not try to recover early by pressing the yoke forward. I pulled gently until the rear stop was reached, power idle, engine secured by igniter, while gamble to keep wings leveled, checked the horizontal trim settings (I found best was take off trimm working). When reached that carefully move the yoke forward to reach more than 30 degrees downwards but not more than 60 degrees. While dive let the speed increase, just a little below maneuver speed bring pitch to the horizon. Reset power.
I'm not sure if I got it right - What was the THS-trim at stable stalled configuration - Was auto trim working?\ - how slow was trim reduced - what was elevator position during trim-reducing. What was trim when recovered?
What about Center of gravity - and the posterior trim tank?

Those procedures should be tried in an full-scale simulator (actually I'm kind of shocked that there seems to be no developed procedure to recover from fully developed semi-flat stalls - and even little practice in simulator) - -