PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keith Williams
Thread: Keith Williams
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 15:03
AV Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure that KW is a true professional but as for him being given any credit for 'resolving' the BA CC dispute then I would be very leery and I'm sure he wouldn't accept it either.

As a direct consequence of WW's handling of the dispute all the way through the Union's back was firmly against the wall with absolutely no where for it to go but to capitulate. The Union tried blackmailing BA management by calling strike action yet again but WW's detailed preparations held strong. BA then used the Union's impotence to implement everything it ever wanted and maybe a little more leaving the Union militants with nothing better than to use B & H against their fellow employees which blew-back on them getting them suspended and even sacked.

It could be argued that KW showed unnecessary clemency towards the Union and could well have gained even more advantage for BA if he had not granted an 11th-hour extension to the Union's potentially unprotected strike call deadline thus sparing its leaders embarassment and shame in first having to sweat, make the call, then either-way revealing to their members how incompetent, deliberately misleading and down-right unprofessional they have been throughout the entire matter.

IF KW had just waited a little longer we wouldn't now be repeatedly hearing the Union's pathetic "WW didn't resolve it in 2 years then KW, our hero, stepped-up, gave us what we wanted and resolved it all in 10 seconds.....", totally misleading and deceptive nonsense.

Indeed, this new 'closing the jet-way door' business is going to be KW's first test as to how well he really did. Will the Union be mature and accept it as a reasonable request to achieve cost savings with minimal extra effort on their part or are we going to see a repeat of "WindowsGate" with its accompanying infantile truculence and belligerence all over again..............

I note that the picture of WW with red devil eyes is still being posted on the CC89 website main page in direct contravension of the Union's agreement with KW to mature and professional communications moving forwards.

One is left wondering just exactly when will this promised maturity begin?

Last edited by AV Flyer; 7th Jun 2011 at 00:21.