PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE-76 aka duchess not recognised by Indian DGCA anymore
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:41
Rob Sponge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day folks...

I've been going through all the threads. Especially the BE76 issue which is ridiculous. I know you guys have been thinking about it - When the CoA of VT-EJR (the BE76 in Bihar) expired in 2008, how on earth did hundreds of foreign CPL holders manage to get their endorsements on the Indian CPL till late 2010? I'm not blaming the lucky pilots who got them already. This issue goes down to the root of the most inefficient aviation regulatory body in the world - DGCA. This is all coming to an end folks...in the coming months you will see frustration and anger building up within the pilot community leading to protests and petitions. Boy! I'm looking forward to it. The DGCA has always and will continue to take us for granted. What the hell were those idiots doing in the past 3 years when the BE76 lost its CoA? One fine day, the 'babu' wakes up and says - Hold on!..the CoA of VT-EJR actually expired 3 years ago. Lets not issue endorsements anymore. And now in order to convert the foreign licence a skill test must be conducted on a domestic aircraft - You've got to be kidding me!! The DGCA convinces the world they are drafting stricter norms...but they're outdated!! This has to come to an end. We must not let this happen. The scam hasn't gone down to the root cause yet...the corrupt top DGCA officials getting away every other time.