PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:11
SaddamsLoveChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An olde boys club.................

I too got shivers down my spine on entering it but I have let my membership relax for two reasons. The service which I did not find welcoming last year on either the telephone or in person when I popped in for apre-dinner sharpener. In the last 9 years I have never been able to get a room when I wanted one and when I delved into it I found that some on the mgt staff give preferential treatment to the retired members as they believed wrongly that those who were serving could go elsewhwere to other messes in the city. I was even asked if I had tried the officers mess at Uxbridge by one member on the front desk. It was this that made me give up my membership and advised those going through Cranwell to do the same when ever they came on a stn visit.

It will be a sad loss but they need to get those serving in the door and remind the old ones that they are just that - retired members.

I give it 5 years before its gone...............and as an ex knocker I do not believe it should be opened up to SNCO Cadre. It is an Officers club and Beagle is right.