PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:54
Oldtimer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got any idea if CWL are in any ''positive'' talks with replacement carriers?

Rumour has it that LS and MON talks went badly and CWL management can't afford not to get someone in to replace baby or is it too late?
I heared similar from a friend that the Jet2 talks went very badly and they have all but ruled themselves out of using Cardiff (Im ex-industry- now retired). Not heared much on Monarch but I wouldnt expect them to do anything but limited charters during the summer months. When you look who else there are, flybe are the obvious choice for main carrier, however I can only see them having limited expansion on domestic and very short haul flights to cater to any demand. EZY and RYR are out of the picture. Cardiff is reallly in the brown stuff when it come to its future. Lets hope management can pull somthing out of the bag.

I suppose the good news is that TOM is bound to have a small increase in bucket and spade destinations next year, as small a consolidation that it.

(PS- I was a member of pprune several years ago, but sadly forgot my username and have no access to my email address any more)