PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas baggage changes - Mk II
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 10:59
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Qantas baggage changes - Mk II

Don't know why the last thread was locked - mods, it's not supposed to be a debate about luggage allowances but rather a discussion on how not to engage with your passengers/customers. Put in D&G questions or elsewhere if you'd rather.

From the last thread:

This actually makes sense commercially.
How can it? I run a company with 25 employees who do a fair bit of flying around the country carrying a mix of company stuff (tools etc) and personal stuff. I don't expect them to combine those bags into one.

I go on holidays. When I go on holidays, I like to take the golf clubs. Under the new qantas rules, I have to pay extra for that. With Virgin I don't!

So faced with a) extra expense or extra hassle for the $300k+ we pay an airline every year and b) the extra cost of using some of those FF points to go on holiday it becomes a very real possibility that my business will go elsewhere.

I know Virgin charge you for baggage - but not if you're gold or silver - or you buy the right fare - which we normally do - so I don't see that as being an issued compared to a guaranteed extra cost for every flight we want to take 15-20kg in 2 bags.

It's another demonstration of pennywise/pound foolish for this lot.

UTR