PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Hiring First Officers? When?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 06:02
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max,

How quickly you go from talking about the importance of briefing items which are self evident in the paperwork to calling those who disagree about briefing them unprofessional or becoming the lowest common denominator. I am one of the few pilots of those I have flown with who looks at real time weather and the paper notams on possible divert airfields as we approach them. That is because I probably did not even look at them in the paperwork unless they are an ERA for filing purposes, and I sure as hell did not memorize or brief them if I did look. That is what a quick glance at the weather chart is for. They are not go or no-go items.

I think your statement about looking good being more important being good says it all about you. The problem with that is that eventually everyone who really knows you figures out that you are completely full of crap. It takes a seniority list bigger than Cathay's (or the RAF) to hide from that.

For icing on the cake, you mention pride derived from marching in front of a monarch. No real fighter pilot likes marching anywhere except onto the flightline to fly a sortie and promptly into the bar after the debrief (which ironically should be detailed). So my guess is that you are a poser ex-ground attack pilot with no real air to air experience. Let me guess - GR4 or, god forbid, the Jaguar? You are correct in saying that dropping a blivet on target is not rocket science, but flying a 64 ship OCA wall downtown on the first day of the war is (and so is training for that mission).

So save your cheap quips about discipline, professionalism, and 100% for those whom are like minded. When it comes to exerting effort I am much more concerned about proper vector placement than producing more thrust, but I suspect someone calling themselves Max Reheat is more interested in the latter. Don't worry though, I am sure everyone who really knows you understands that you are just blowing hot air.

Cxorcist