PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 06:00
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Walter

I cannot speak for anyone else but I very much doubt if private individuals have the resources at hand, for example a REG equivalent, to carry out the mandated testing and trialling necessary to clear such equipment for any level of use.

Any such individuals would say that they have no need to, because their primary aim is to demonstrate the regulations were dangerously breached by MoD, knowingly placing aircrew at unnecessary risk. Having gathered that evidence and presented it to the Review, it is for Lord Philip to assess if could have been a contributory factor. If it was, then I suggest that is sufficient to clear the pilots.

On the other hand, you seek to explain the precise cause of the crash. May I suggest that any reply from Lord Philip to your theory will be along the lines of "Interesting, but not in my remit". He may also say "Thank you for drawing attention to systemic airworthiness failures (because CPLS was not mentioned in the RTS or Aircraft Data Set). You may be interested to know Boscombe Down, the RAF Inspectorate of Flight Safety and AAIB are like-minded".

As I've said before, you denigrate the airworthiness issue, but your theory actually relies upon the airworthiness regulations being serially breached. It would be a pre-requisite to even attempting to hide the paperwork trail, as many here have told you.