PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Update
Thread: EASA Update
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 05:24
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The US tax payer pays for alot of the things that as an individual you have to pay for in Europe.
That is irrelevant to the very generous FAA policy on foreign license acceptance for private flight.

There is no cost involved in the FAA accepting ICAO training, etc.

If they did change the system allowing an easy transition from FAA to EASA in one swoop would kill off alot of the European training system.
No, really?

That (European protectionism) is the real reason we have this crap. Also, anti US attitudes amond the self proclaimed Euro intellectuals, who are really just bent gravy train riders.

On top of that, much of what EASA is trying to push through is the personal private project of a few individuals.

Airlines in europe work on the fact there is an over supply of fresh meat out of the training establishments. If the schools go bust there will be a lack of supply which will mean that the industry will not be able to expand at short notice.
I don't think the FTOs will ever go bust, because there will always be a supply of starry eyed kids who want to be like Leonardo DiCaprio, getting laid after every long haul flight

You must separate the ATPL training pipeline from private flying. EASA has dishonestly lumped together private GA with airline stuff and is trying to force a deal right across the board. This is standard politics but that does not make it honest, or even practical. It is like me saying to my kid "you can have the new bike if I get a pass on my IR Met exam".

But EASA and honesty are two widely separated ideas.