PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another QF air return
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2011, 04:39
rob_ginger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AH and hcmcmcclow

And how is the landing gear not coming up a 'mid-air scare'. Sometimes these reporters are just ****ers.
In most cases I think AH is right about the ridiculous drivel written by aviation journalists, but in this case I don't think the ABC article is too bad.

If you fly for a living then I guess most incidents are pretty ho-hum ?? But I'm SLF (albeit with an Engineering degree and an interest in aircraft) with quite a bit of business and holiday air travel under my belt, and I don't like anything out of the ordinary. I remember feeling quite apprehensive when on a flight from Sydney to Auckland we abruptly leveled off at 5000 feet or so on the climb out from Sydney. It wasn't until the pilot announced that ATC had told us to level off and the climb would re-commence in a few minutes that I felt comfortable again. If I had been on the flight in question I would have felt a teeny bit apprehensive, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one. So I do think you were being a little bit hard on Sunfish, even if he wasn't all that polite to you !

Meanwhile the damage to the Qantas brand continues. It's not just the media reporting of each small incident, but it seems to me also the hypocrisy of highly paid management taking on its workforce in a very public attempt to cut pay, conditions and staff numbers. Gee, I wonder if they could be trying to get rid of Australian staff, and then hire staff offshore at much lower wages and conditions ??