PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE-76 aka duchess not recognised by Indian DGCA anymore
Old 5th Jun 2011, 22:55
sky jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am surprised that so many of you have failed to realize the reason for this change of policy by the DGCA. I believe that the reason for the change is two fold. 1) It will invariably decrease the number of current and qualified candidates to crib about not being able to get the airline jobs that they were led to believe would be theirs with just a CPL and a Multi endorsement. 2) It will encourage some to do their training or recurrency in India thus pumping money into the pockets of the few who own the approved aircraft. I suspect that if you look carefully you will find that the people who own or control the few twins that are certified in India and are suitable for training are quite well connected. I imagine that these people have been quite upset about this money going oversees for years.

The problem is the rot in the whole DGCA. I agree with the posters who think going to the media might help. Shine a light on the graft and corruption and something MIGHT change.

Jet