PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2011, 18:08
rak64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- the absence of appropriate actions to correct the stall of the aircraft
(from Report: West Caribbean MD82 at Machiquez on)

Hi

to fill some emptiness (no job presently) I started to build a model into x-plane, a simuator game that claim to calculate air forces mostly correct.
I did a blended wing, during flight tests i got severe problems to recover high altitude stalls. I figured out a reliable procedure for x-plane to recover from such a stall.

First let my say all what is reported here about that behavior looks reasonable to me. The 7000ft/min compares perfect to the trim setting. (What is not fully correct the trimsetting is corret for the speed 60-80 IAS, but the vvi is looking good for the flight maneuver.)
The stall speed is independent from altitude regarding IAS as long no oblique shock or vortex occurs.

My problem was after the stall the ACFT reached a stable position with 20-30 degrees AoA what i not could not terminate. After many crashes I decided to fly the stall what mean not try to recover early by pressing the yoke forward. I pulled gently until the rear stop was reached, power idle, engine secured by igniter, while gamble to keep wings leveled, checked the horizontal trim settings (I found best was take off trimm working). When reached that carefully move the yoke forward to reach more than 30 degrees downwards but not more than 60 degrees. While dive let the speed increase, just a little below maneuver speed bring pitch to the horizon. Reset power.

This is not the procedure for reacting for a stall warning alarm, what still is just add power. It is for my little blended wing in x-plane. I never lost more than 10000 feet but thats better than an impact.