PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Update
Thread: EASA Update
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2011, 16:31
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD

As a mid fifties Captain on jets if this is pushed through as it stands it will be the end of my career in corporate jets.

To convert to an ATP at my stage in life would mean £20 K and 6 months full time to do 14 ATP exams.

I have neither the time to take off 6 months nor the time left in flying to draw back that £20 K.

Most of all I dont have the motivation to do a whole lot of meaningless work to achieve the ability to do what I am already doing as a Captain.

What for to satisfy some power crazy burocrats in Europe?

I could understand this if there was some indisputable safety arguement which needed addressing BUT THERE IS NONE!!!

That makes me feel sick because disregarding my own situation EASA are supposed to protect the safety side of aviation. That is their mandate, their reason for existance.

Yet the 70 to 100000 pilots involved will be made less safe overnight.
Look at the apalling safety record of the french VFR pilots who have no IMCR or achievable PPL IR.

Pilots will without doubt be killed because of EASA their supposed safety regulators who are regulating for self and political reasons.
I am stunned that there is NO legal redress where EASA cannot be challenged in court.

The whole thing stinks of manipulation, false promises, blatant lies and misinformation to get their ill thought agenda through.

A total lack of caring about pilots who will be severely financially damaged and even worse will loose their lives through this.

EASA YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

Pace