PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family medical history
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2002, 20:00
The Boy Lard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Number Cruncher,

My understanding is that the CAA will be looking at you, and not necessarily your family history.

Lets face it if ALL of your family on your mothers side have died at an early age of heart attacks (God forbid!) then they MAY make a note to keep a close eye on things in the future but if you are fit enough on the day of the medical then you will pass.

Plus, if you DID have a family history that was worrying you then I'm sure you would be taking all the necessary precautions anyway.

With regards your Grandfather, I see no need to mention it, as I said, its YOUR health that they are interested in and in should no way affect your ability to gain your Class 1.

Remember that its renewed yearly so I'm sure things would be picked up as and when they appeared.

Dont worry about the medical, when I had mine everyone was really helpful and wanted you to pass, they wont try and trip you up and will let you have several goes at for example the spirometer test (they did for me, until I passed!)

Sorry if I'm waffling but I dont think you have anything to worry about, enjoy the day, its really quite interesting!

Good luck!

TBL