PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2011, 13:33
jersey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye bye Jim. You had your chance, and you've buggered it big time mate.
Not a bad run for a former BCAL load controller. Time for him to go and take strong love with him!

Surely the flip-side is that ever other weekend you'll get a long one off when you go from earlies to lates? Or is it more complex than that?
HA HA HA!!! oh that really is a good one! oooohhh.............but really. You will only ever EVER get 8 days off a month. Unless you have leave. Which must piss this chap right off as we are over paid and under worked as it is according to him.

My last roster was bang on limits for FTL and duty. Genuine feeling of fatigue on last few days (I am young so lasted longer than some) 6 on 2 off 6 on 3 off etc etc min rest the lot! Phoned in 'fatigued' and got sectioned to a mental health facility! well thats how i felt it was handled! read out a dictionary def of fatigued and told there was no way i could be as i didnt fit into the definition!!!!! Oh and it was impossible to be fatigued as the roster was 'legal'!!!! Asked to be sent asap to company doc in brum. They have no choice but to comply, but in a scathing sort of way they arranged it. Oh and said i should hire car!! Fatigued and hire car!!!!!!!!TITS!

FATIGUE is an illegal word in Flybe. It would appear to be gross misconduct to utter it on compant time.

So much for duty of care. Over the last winter I had the misfortune to be stuck abroad on duty due tech (4 times) and Wx (2 times). Some from GLA were far worse off than moi! On all but one of those times, where we happened to be at a flybe base, crewing washed their hands of us! It took the missus back home to find and book a hotel for us. So much for duty of care! they could not have given less of a crap.

Can't wait to be on the picket line! At least it will be summer! But i'd be happy to be on it in the winter! The managment have dug their heads in the sand and really don't think there is an issue, or any bad feeling. Some of the PBMs think the same! nutters! it is staring them right in the face! thats the flying club airline mentality for you. Totally clueless and out of touch.