PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sqn Ldr (Keith??) Hanscombe
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2011, 09:57
StevePC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello - my Dad (Flt Lt David Hallam Crowther) was the Navigator on Victor XH618 that day and along with 4 other members sadly perished. I did not know very much about the circumstances of the accident until I found a brief explanation on the Ejection History site some years ago. I noted with great interest that a couple of books give accounts of the day and have just ordered copies. We first heard about it when it was reported that evening on the BBC TV news, an hour or so later we received telephone call from the RAF and they later sent 2 officers to our home although they admitted that it was too soon to know all the details. Aside from the memorial service held at RAF Marham, the RAF did not provide any further explanation or report of what happened, so I have been trying to gather more information and in doing so found this thread. I would appreciate it if any contributors could furnish me with more details or point me towards a contact within the RAF who perhaps could. Many thanks