PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on OFT in Florida
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2001, 00:29
Trainee pilot

TARMACH: I think they have about 4 C152's. They will see you through the 100 hours you want no problem. They are just a little old but still go through the 100 hour maintanance checks. The C172's and PA-28's are new and the extra money might be worth it as they have lovely colour moving map GPS's! Don't touch the Katanas, just take my word for it! And good luck!

THE FLYING LAMB: The 3 schools fully authorised for JAA training are Pan Am, Naples and International Flt. Trng. OFT have met the requirements and are approved to carry out the training until their license gets approved then they are fully approved. Does not make sense but the CAA said I could use them and I got my licenses back today so no problem, people have got their PPL's there too without a problem. I heard a rumour that Naples lost their approval but don't believe it. There are also lots of schools out there NEAR to approval as well.

PRINCESS PP: Thanks for the kind words, I wrote the thread because I would have appreciated the same if I was looking to go out there for the first time. Hopefully when I have to decide a school for my CPL/IR at the end of the year then others can advise me! Best of luck to you!

[This message has been edited by Trainee pilot (edited 06 March 2001).]