PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 7X Suspension of Flight Ops
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2011, 17:43
FrankR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a falcon 7x guy, but all of the aircraft I've flown have been equipped to stop runaway pitch trim. I don't believe you can manually stop a 7X trim runaway as this crew experienced, you need to wait for the computer "laws" to kick in and recognize the problem.

This is a huge problem in my book. Do you falcon lovers really like flying something you can't control? Perhaps you can explain to the group what the pilots should have done to control and prevent the 11,000Ft altitude excursion. Food for thought, IF the computer had commanded down rather than up, their might be a smoking hole outside of Simpang.

... And please use FACTS to explain what should have been done rather than "boo-hoo you guys hate us, it was only once, we love our falcon" we have been forced to read to justify and defend this incident.

I would have done my own research, but Dassault is so insecure they forced Smart Cockpit to remove systems materials from their site as well.

Now to be fair, I still want the ASC to install cables on ALL the flight controls of my 650 that's on order!

FR