PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick rant....
Thread: Quick rant....
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2011, 16:34
The500man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jambone you can't seriously think we have "drastic under-regulation" in the UK. The recent changes being made in the US do not prove that we do either. By the way, US airline pilots don't have to pass 14 ATPL exams. Are you going to tell me that the US is "drastically under-regulated" now?

The understanding and knowledge required for an ATPL is far more vast than any knowledge required to drive a bus or train and to compare them would be an injustice.
I did not say that it was as equally challenging to drive a train or bus as it is to fly commercially or to learn to fly comercially, I merely said they were comparable. They are comparable in that they all require professional training and they all involve people transport. The difference is pilots pay for their training because it's a popular career choice. There is no "injustice" in this comparison so please don't get your panties all twisted.

I also don't think you needed to quote my entire post in your post when they were next to each other.

EDIT:

I mean surely the government would rather see a pilot train compared to someone taking the Abuse Studies combined with popular music degree
LOL!

Although you've now quoted Jambone's whole post when your post was next to his!