PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR Company ID's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2011, 12:15
windypops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"yes, I do think paying for an uniform, id card, assessmment, etc) is ridiculous." - then why are you accepting it? You're right it is ridiculous, most pilots I know are pretty bright and know a bad deal when they see one. I turned down a crap deal (not quite as bad as RYR) 2 years ago on a decent turboprop, 6 months after that and I got into an excellent corporate job, and more recently I turned down a job move to another corporate outfit on better equipment but again the deal was not up to scratch. Saying "no" is acceptable.

I don't know who is worse, those who can see the deal is "ridiculous" but still accept it anyway, or those who think it's actually not too bad.

"but at least IŽll be working my a** off while flying and getting paid" - and this is just remarkable. So you're quite happy to "work your a** off" and never see your family/friends, do cool stuff like go on holiday and enjoy life?

"that's better than what I'm doing now" - time will tell.

You sound like the perfect RYR pilot, willing to work your a** off, and get a terrible deal all at the same time.

Having said all that I do wish you all the best and I hope you enjoy yourself.