PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR Company ID's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2011, 11:29
Xolon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naif? No, I know what I doing. I not that fond of paying everything out of my own pocket (yes, I do think paying for an uniform, id card, assessmment, etc) is ridiculous. But if thatīs what it takes to get a job, then Iīm not one of those stubborn kids rejecting the job, staring itself blind on a B777 job as S/O at BA, LH, KLM.

Like I said; Iīm getting paid more at RYR then Iīm getting now at my cosy, predictable, IT-job. So for getting paid more (having more financial room) and actually flying while getting paid, Iīm willing to take experience as a RYR pilot. The job market is pretty terrible and after 2 years of jobhunting Iīm glad of getting this offer.

Itīs easy to respond negative against RYR having a job at an airline which pays more, serves you lobster in the cockpit and is only asking you to fly twice a month. But for those not having a job, itīs a whole different ballgame and I sometimes wonder if those steady-job-pilots do understand this? Not everyone has the possibility to reject every offer which isnīt 200% up to their demands. Not everyone has a family willing/able to pay their finances until they found that big job.

That the airline industry isnīt what it used to be during the 80īs, well... we all know that right? Every job has this problem (IT,Marketing,aviation), but I believe the pilots are the ones why are crying the hardest (I can image, as they need to pay the upkeep for their Porsches).

Being a pilot isnīt about the glamour and loads of cash anymore, itīs a well known fact. Maybe Iīll come back on all of this after some time, but at least Iīll be working my a** off while flying and getting paid. Thats better then what Iīm doing now