PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2011, 04:59
Mimpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys get to hand fly IMC at cruise flight levels or is it just too stall-prone? Just a curious question.

Ikeep wondering what I would have done.

stall alarms leads to (immediate....thought never ever ever ignore this..)

-same power ( ie minimum change in known cruise settings as your speed indicator has just dropped out)
-a little immediate gentle nose down alteration in elevator pitch ( you would have memorised the pitch attitude and AoA in cruise before bed every night in preparation for this precise moment...)..anything to make the stall warning go quiet and get some airover the wings
-wings level
- and an immediate check of the autotrim setting (as it seems thats the Airbus elephant in the room if theres no elevator authority and you're nose high +++ and descending at 10,000 fpm!) sound like good initial steps to me, and ..
-fly it first and foremost on meticulous instrument scan, and worry about all the alarms and noise later ( stall warning excepted of course)
-gradual turn away from track and storm if one has to
-dont worry about altitude loss as its the best friend you have - in fact lose 10 000 feet very gradually and you'll feel even better about the stall risk im sure

I only fly a Duchess.