PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Route to being an airline pilot for a young kiwi
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 23:45
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alexWCD
So for the NMIT course you are going to have to put in $42000 (NMIT course is $80000) of your own money.
Not exactly correct. The course fee depends on which provider you enroll with on the NMIT course, it might be $80,000 for one but not necessarily for all providers.

I've just been through the CTC selection process for the wings program, and they said that Jetstar guarantee a command on the 320 within 6 years, can't see how they make that but im not jetstar.
Smart lad with your comment at the end. No one else can see how they could guarantee that either, especially since the cadets will not have the requirements for an ATPL. More CTC spin I suspect. The more I hear about these guys the more I'm convinced prospective CPL's should avoid them.

big buddah

I agree with everything you wrote except for

Then get over seas as quick as possible! avoid the whole Eagle, Air Nelson scene. There is a huge wide world out there great adventures, better machines and more money than NZ.

It takes a big step to leave the safety of little old NZ but once you do you will forever better off.
Going overseas is a good option, BUT, it's not for everybody, and to suggest it's the only good option is over stating the case.

I know people who have gone overseas and stayed there and been very happy, but also some who've not been happy and come back, some who've gone overseas to get a start then come home and been very happy and then those who've stayed in NZ and been very happy.

Horses for courses.

Last edited by 27/09; 4th Jun 2011 at 09:54.