PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 23:37
PPRuNeUser0163

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Hat,

Whilst I appreciate your input and experience I think I'n the end it is a decision on personal preference. the course, the people I've met, been able to network with , being I'n the AUSAR hq I'n CBR during the airvan accident I'n flinders are experiences I can't say my friends who didn't do the degree have had.

If you want to do a relative comparison- out of those who went the traditional route and compare those who did the flying school method almost all took 1.5-2 yrs for cpl mecir/fir and atpl.. I've completed these I'n 2 years and will have my degree so really it is a VERY small difference. These guys I refer to - 3/10 have jobs I'n the aviation industry and out of those 3 they have logged around 300-400 hours I'n work - which really isn't that big a difference considering how soon I finish.

End rant- I'n short my perspective is from someone who's done the degree recently , and I think times are changing rapidly compared to when other posters started out. Plus tell me what Asian carrier, us and even European don't want a degree .. Most do, and they value an aviation one for the knowledge it gives you. When it hits the fan in this country and I consider my options if another 89' like they're talking about happens . I'll be glad knowing I meet the degree entry requirements opening up many options I wouldn't of had before even with flying experience.

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0163; 20th Nov 2012 at 07:41.