PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 21:09
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ihg
Well, whatever these guy tout as "findings", I would recomment to handle with extreme care. They have an unambiguous interest in who has to to blamed.
I note the phrasing there. It is one of my pet hobby horses. Sometimes "bad stuff" happens. Sometimes there is no person to blame in any sane world. But trial lawyers always insist there is an entity (with money) to blame and that entity is other than the entity they are representing. "Somebody is always at fault and that somebody isn't me." is a most pernicious philosophy.

The more I see of this it looks like "best practices" of the time may have been wrong. Knowledge is not static. It grows. Best practices of 2009 already appear to be different from best practices of today. Holding Air anybody to blame for not following today's best practices 2 years ago is repugnant hubris. It presumes the mere men should be gods, always right and perfect.

(I suspect a good read of history will reveal that societies that live by the lawyer, die by the lawyer. Societies that live by the law (with few lawyers) survive by the law.)