PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - do i still have hope?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 19:23
flyweezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do i still have hope?

lost PPL student...please advice..
hello,
appreciate if anyone can give me a light here,

I did my PPL 6 years ago...done almost 80 hours.....but never completed it as i didnt take the test coz i stopped and started and stopped a couple of times along the years...completed all my papers (but i think its not valid now and have to retake) done all cross country too,hence the hours build up....i didnt do very well in my SPM,oh by the way i am 32 years old this year...yeah age another factor...ok after 10 years of saving up and investing my money,i have gathered now about 400K cash....been working as a cabin crew for the past 12 years...i really want to fly jets/props in an airline again someday and not serve coffee tea anymore someday as my career...what are the odds?.....i plan to finish up my PPL at a local flying club and get it done with these few months...

what are the possibilities:-

1 - getting into a malaysian flying school to continue with CPL/IR with a valid PPL (spm 2 credits only,maths and english and passes for the rest/science subjects)

or shud i

2- spend half my money in Australia and do CPL/IR (since wont look at SPM) and try to do conversion in malaysian flying school when i get back (if i can get into msian flying school with foreign CPL) by spending another 100k

3- or just forget my dream and just carry on serving coffee and tea till i retire....

can someone please shed some wise opinion?...thanks