PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Lappos: back to Sikorsky?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 14:17
I Build 92's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicholas Lappos Named Senior Technical Fellow, Advanced Technology

I am pleased to announce that Nicholas Lappos has joined Sikorsky Aircraft as Senior Technical Fellow, Advanced Technology, effective June 1. Nick will report directly to me and will be based in Stratford, Conn.

In this newly created executive role, Nick will be responsible for identifying and successfully closing solutions to some of our most challenging technical issues. Partnering with our P&Ls and Sikorsky Innovations, he will also be responsible for developing customer communication strategies that outline the value propositions for strategic advanced technical programs leading to their production incorporation and enabling new program “wins”. Nick will Chair our Technical Fellows group, and leverage those resources to perform independent technical assessments and analyses, quickly resolve technical issues, provide technical leadership and mentoring, and attract and retain the best technical talent in our industry.

Nick brings more than 37 years of rotorcraft engineering and programs experience to this role. He spent 31 years at Sikorsky, with several roles in engineering, programs, and as a test pilot. Nick spent nearly 5 years as a UTC executive, most recently as Program Manager, S/H-92, before joining Gulfstream Aerospace Corp as Vice President, Government Programs in 2005. He held this position until January of 2008, when he joined Textron as Senior Vice President, XworX and then as Chief Technology Officer for Bell Helicopter. Nick is an AHS Technical Fellow, a member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots, and holds 17 patents.

Nick holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology.

Please join me in congratulating Nick on his assignment and welcoming him back to Sikorsky.