PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 12:50
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's entertaining to say the least to see some of the responses. At no time have I said that education was a waste of time nor do I believe this to be the case. I've had more than one career and I've used my degree. If you want to talk about turbulent times I'll send you some nice photos and I'll close that case off pretty quickly let me give you the red hot tip! People on here seem to be selecting parts of my argument yet ignoring others to justify their own.

For the last time.

1. I'm not Anti Education.
2. I am Pro timing education to get maximum bang for buck (get bum on seat then do the degree claim the deduction).
3. I do believe there are better plan B's than a degree in Aviation for a pilot.
4. Without the detail, I've got a rough idea about losing my career at short notice and having to find a plan B or starve.
5. I'm just here to offer newbies an alternative to the hard sell business of university open days. They will make their own choices.

As for my career? Well, all I can do is pass my sims and do the best job I can. Do I expect my employer to be open forever? Do not know. Do I think I might have to retrain one day to do something else? Possibly. Do I wish I had a trade? You bet.

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 3rd Jun 2011 at 13:56.