PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 12:08
FE Hoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs:
Absolutely agree. What happening outside the airframe could give that sort of energy and would appear by stick position, to be countered by the aircraft?
I think your quote was a little selective. This puts a different slant on it:
From 2 h 10 min 05, the autopilot then auto-thrust disengaged and the PF said "I have the controls". The airplane began to roll to the right and the PF made a left nose-up input. The stall warning sounded twice in a row. The recorded parameters show a sharp fall from about 275 kt to 60 kt in the speed displayed on the left primary flight display (PFD), then a few moments later in the speed displayed on the integrated standby instrument system (ISIS).
At 2 h 10 min 16, the PNF said "so, we’ve lost the speeds" then "alternate law [...]".
The airplane’s pitch attitude increased progressively beyond 10 degrees and the plane started to climb. The PF made nose-down control inputs and alternately left and right roll inputs. The vertical speed, which had reached 7,000 ft/min, dropped to 700 ft/min and the roll varied between 12 degrees right and 10 degrees left. The speed displayed on the left side increased sharply to 215 kt (Mach 0.68). The airplane was then at an altitude of about 37,500 ft and the recorded angle of attack was around 4 degrees.
The climb comes after the first nose up input and rate reduces after the nose down input.

I'm not excluding external forces but we have everything required for the climb without them.