PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:04
Dublinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good morning ,have to say a big thank you to all you that have made this site a must read every day its been fasinating to say the least . I wont make any contributions as im only a ppl holder and no nothing about the complexity of the the large commercial jets other than admire the people who fly them world wide every day ,my hats off to you all !
now i would like to ask a qustion that is probally been answerd already but either i missed it or didnt pick up on it.
if after a seemisly normal departure climbout and well into their cruise part of the flight with the only concern was the weather they seen on their rader the slight tuberlence they where experiening at the moments before inpact .can anyone explain why at cruise speed what ever the value is ? they redused to mach.8 to enter the moderate tuberlante airflow ,which i can understand ,but shortly after they get a unreliable airspeed indication a/p dissigages ,pilot takes over manually and stall warning goes of.. would you really believe you could be in a stall situation if you where doing cruise speed? i understand at that fl and speeds the margins for stall are really ssmall but could you believe all your airspeed just bled off like that,major up draft maybe .anyway thanks