PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 10:25
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I did. But perhaps you could explain to me why this doesn't apply to you as well?
Look it up again. I could easily say "I work for a major airline because I'm clever because I got a degree and straight 7's". I got into an airline and discovered over many years that I was in fact wrong in doing the aviation degree before getting my first job in the first instance. It did not provide me any advantage over the next guy. My opinion here is based on my and many others experiences. Why would I even bother wasting my time on a Friday night if I didn't have my future colleagues best interests at heart? I think you should have a close read of my posts again. You will then work out that I am not anti degree I'm "Pro" getting the timing right.

For those of you that want to be Airline Pilots. The state of play is this: Alan Joyce, Bruce Buchanan and co at the moment are working very hard to devise a way to circumvent paying EBA conditions and avoid the "heavy" hand of FWA. This means contracts, this means casuals, this means employing people from impoverished countries on slave wages as they do with the flight attendants for J* already (yes they do sell themselves on overnights when in Australia to make extra cash!). If you don't get your skates on and get a job under the EBA of one of the Airlines or regionals (Qlink/Skywest forget the rest) and the AJ BB plan goes ahead you will be like the regional pilots in America that live in squalor. You have one hope and that is one Nick Xenophon and his Senate Inquiry. Don't bet on it though! AJ and BB are wining and dining the big end of town!

Signing off good luck all. Its Friday I need a beer. I just did a 14 hour day kids and now 2 hours of pprune! No wonder Mrs Hat loses it at pprune and the Hat! Come on mods wheres my medal? ! Cheerio.