PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 23:47
bearfoil

I haven't flown one in many years, but the Stall Horn on the 150 series I believe is nothing BUT an AoA indicator, albeit "aural". Zeroed to exclude angle of Incidence, (the from factory difference in chord line and fuselage longitudinal line) the horn starts to mouth off when air "leaves" the orifice. This I know for I used to test it by inhaling on the hole, and depending on effort, I could almost play it like a flute. Blowing into it accomplishes nothing. When the ANGLE of the airstream starts to impinge on the orifice at a suitable positive AoA, the annoying alert starts to pucker one's own orifice, more so as the AoA approaches the Stall Break.

Dozy. I am in earnest about evidence, something I define as facts, as do you.

Likewise, at Court, facts come with a guarantee, something lacking here.

You are not incorrect in your explanation of the Laws, I believe in you completely. Thus far, the bulk of trouble some have here is not in disallowing the Program, or its influences, but in the arena of suitability in crisis. This unsuitability is in discussion, and I warrant it has a basis in fact. something you seem unable to entertain.

I repeat. IF, upon selling a suite of hardware, one does not exhaustively train its usage to the client, one has sold a bill of goods.

one outsider. Please accept my offered apology for twaddle. I agree, though I think your Twaddle Launcher is pointed at the wrong target, just sayin'.

Garrison Absent any need for Pitch or AoA at impact, the Horizontal and Vertical velocities sum for a FLIGHT Path of 45 degrees descent Yes? One wishes for a mental picture of "almost" airborne, but BEA pitch at 16 and AoA at 35 + is discouraging.

ADD. I get an airspeed of about 135-145 knots (at impact) if BEA'S numbers for rate are accurate.

Last edited by bearfoil; 3rd Jun 2011 at 00:02.