PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owners looking for SFH's / SFH's looking for Aircraft...
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 22:21
EddieHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is a great idea.
I have had two experiences of this with an R22 and an R44. The R44 owner kept the machine at home, and the R22 at a local grass strip in a private hangar with a helipad outside.
Both of these were introduced to me by the flying school owner at the time. (Both at different ends of the country, one in the N.E. when I lived up there and one in the S.W. when I lived down there). The flying school owner had an arrangement to let suitably vetted people know about the machines. One was arranged and billed directly with the owner after the initial introduction, and the other was arranged and billed through the Flying School. With the direct arrangement I had to leave a deposit cheque to cover the insurance excess and another cheque for the amount of the SFH. The deposit cheque was never banked and returned on safe return of the machine at the end of the arrangement.
On each first occasion the Flying School owner made the personal introduction between me and the owner and accompanied me on the first flight out of and into the site, and went through the arrangements for booking, payment and anything else like where the keys and docs would be etc.
The arrangement worked really well and I would welcome something similar in the East Midlands where I now live.