PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 17:44
OK465

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what really, really bothered both of us was the stall-warning which was not possible to be cancelled

what I wanted to say is, that the permanent yelling of 'STALL, STALL' was so distracting that it almost made us agressive... not good if you have to think 'out of the box' and take decisions in ambigous environments...
Academic point only (assuming you're talking A330):

If you could not cancel the stall warning with the EMER CANC button in your sim, you may want to get your simulator checked/fixed. Unless it varies by model, I believe only gear related warnings & ground prox stuff can’t be cancelled with EMER CANC. However even these continuous audio warnings can be temporarily cancelled by holding down EMER CANC. They will resume when it is released.

It’s interesting that no one has commented on the fact that the initial stall warning termination (though assumed due to unreliable data) also coincided with the Captain’s arrival and attempt to provide verbal info. If I were up front I might instinctively hit the EMER CANC so I could fully hear what he was saying. (Maybe someone has brought this up and I missed it here in the 3 volumes of “War & Peace”.)